Saturday, January 30, 2010

Thirteenth Post From India



Saturday, 30 January 2010

Geeta has been sick all week so the class last night was taught by Ria (sp?). Even though it was a restorative class my lower back was acting up. I got through the class but I skipped this morning’s class to give my body a rest. The class was fine. He is an interesting teacher. He often says, “That should not happen” after he has talked about what not to do for a while. I did get a chuckle when he used the metaphor in Savasana of the windows opening – like our minds – and fresh air coming in and cleaning up the mind and the room. Fresh air?

Last night when I got home Arwind and Anajli asked me to sit down like they wanted to have a talk with me. They handed me a package and said this was a gift for my mom. It is the most beautiful shawl. When shawls are given to older women it is recognition of their status and the wisdom that women have. They insisted that after I present it to my mom that I take a photo and send it to them. Nice.

I spent some of the afternoon at the Pune museum. I am not too big on museums but it was cool. It was my last trip with Nana. We said our tearful goodbyes.

I am off for my last practice session at the Institute and then my last night in Pune in general.

No comments: