Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tenth Post From India!!



Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Today is Republic day. It is like our July 4th. Maybe there will be fire works tonight and a lot of noise. I’ll keep you posted. My host Arwind sent me the following text this morning:

31 states
1618 languages
6400 castes
6 ethnic groups
29 festivals
1 COUNTRY
PROUD TO BE INDIAN
Happy Republic Day
Gd Mrng

Heather and I were again invited to Sunil and Shubhanji house for lunch. Sunil and Shubhanji are good friends of Janet MaCleod’s who is a teacher of ours from San Francisco. Excellent conversation and food.

In the pictures below you will see my two body guards and the tent that they are guarding that will be for my going away party. We are a festive lot over here! And Baba must go home.

You will also see my expose on the curb and sidewalk situation. Notice my favorite curb – the one that is two feet high. Careful.

Notice as well the lake that is in my front yard. It’s kind of a private thing although I have been sharing it with all of Model Colony while I am here.

Check out Grant grubbing on the pink jello/jelly ice cream pasta nut fruit thing. He was resistant at first but he finally caved and enjoyed the treat. Of course he blew 20 Rs. on the thing.

Finally, notice Shivaji and the painted prayer.

No comments: